Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pregnancy Brain

Lately I have been experiencing quite a few incidents that can only be explained by "pregnancy brain" SO I've decide that im going to keep a record of these so that I can continue laughing about them later on in life.

The first incident happened around Christmas time. I had received a TON of things from my mom and Michael when they found out that I was pregnant and I wanted to send them something to say "Thank You".

I created cute little cards, one with their address and one with my address. I got them taped to the box and went to the post office to stand in a 35 minute line during my lunch break from work.

Two days later I come home from work and I see that I've received a package, I look at it closer and noticed that it was from my mom, I got a little irritated because I thought "They do NOT need to be sending me MORE things!!!". I got the package inside and was about to open it when I soon realized that it was my handwriting.. I HAD JUST MAILED A PACKAGE TO MYSELF!!! - oh my heck! I just about died. I was so embarrassed and thought to myself "This must be the pregnancy brain that i've heard so much about"


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The second incident happened about 2 weeks ago when I had my targeted ultra sound. I was running super late and I was already about 7 minutes late. I called Matt to have him go into the office to check me in and get a buzzer (I always seem to wait about 30 minutes past my appointment time anyway) He mentioned that it would probably be a good idea to call the doctor and let them know that I was going to be about an additional 5 minutes late. So I did.

Well rewinding back to when I called Matt. I was at the light to turn into my doctors office but then pregnancy brain kicked in. When instead of only being 7 minutes late I decided that I needed to turn left and drive 5 miles away from my destination. As soon as I got to about the area of my dentists office I realized that I was in the wrong place and had to flip around and drive back to where I originally was. ugh!

AND I still had to wait about 15 minutes once I got there. - Doctors offices are a joke.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Third incident happened about a week ago. I came home from work and I knew exactly what sounded good for dinner. I pulled out some chicken and put it in a plastic baggy to put in the sink and to fill it with hot water. So I turned on the sick and then go sidetracked at the back that was sitting on the counter that had Matt's baby blanket in it. So I took it upstairs and put it in the babies room and then went into my bedroom to change out of my work clothes.

Then I came downstairs and was throwing oden's toy for a minute and then sat down to watch some TV. OH CRAP!!!! the water in the sink is still running!! so I run to the kitchen and the sink is completely filled and overflowing down the front of the sink and onto the countertop and into the other sink. WTH!!! this is when I decided that I need to start documenting all of these things that I keep doing. Who would have known this pregnancy brain thing is real.  -NOT this girl!-



I have to mention that these are just a few things. hahaha this isn't including all of the times that I will be in the middle of a sentence and completely forget what im talking about. Or all of the times that i've experienced memory loss. (I need to start writing stuff down) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment